The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Accra, Freetown, Banjul
Job Reference tbigc/TP/5126/951 #LI-AG1
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) advises reforming political leaders and governments on strategy, policy and delivery, with technology as an enabler across all three functions. In so doing we make a significant and positive impact for citizens around the world.
We are hosting an exciting summer Internship Programme for ten weeks within our Anglophone West Africa country teams (The Gambia, Ghana, Sierra Leone), commencing late June 2023 for exceptional candidates who are passionate about politics and the ability to create change by working in and with governments.
Our Internship Programme will provide you with diverse experience, working with colleagues both in country and across the globe. You will have the benefit of working on an innovative programme within our growing project portfolio and business development activities.
During the Internship Programme, you will support specific projects that support political leaders across all the levels at which we offer advice, help create impactful change, be mentored by colleagues and receive a holistic understanding of life at TBI. Whether our colleagues are at TBI for a few years, or a large share of their career as they grow and progress within the Institute, their experience positions them to have a huge global impact.
The compensation for this role is competitive.
Please note that only enrolled students at the following universities will be considered;
University of The Gambia (UTG), The Gambia
Ashesi University, Ghana
University of Ghana, Ghana
Institute of Public Administration and Management, University of Sierra Leone, Sierra Leone
Our Internship Programme will provide you with the opportunity be involved in some or all the following:
- Develop research, analysis, written insights and other deliverables for clients and country leadership
- Support projects or development opportunities as TBI advises political leaders on strategy, policy and delivery with technology as the enabler across all three dimensions
- Support delivery of high levels of project impact, facilitating nimble performance tracking and coordination where required
- Apply and learn from new and innovative approaches to supporting change and deliver impact
- Help develop strategies/frameworks and approaches
- Support project teams in the development of reports, presentations and other relevant documents
- We welcome applications from those in their second or third year of undergraduate degree at Ashesi University, Ghana, University of Ghana, University of The Gambia, and the Institute of Public Administration and Management, University of Sierra Leone
- You should have a personal passion for politics and strong political acumenWe are looking for changemakers who have:
- A work ethos focused on team success with genuine motivation for colleagues’ performance, growth and well-being
- An insatiable curiosity for data
- A deep interest in generating original insights and performing in-depth analysis
- Experience of being an entrepreneurial self-starter
- Proven ability to conduct high quality desk-based research
- You should be comfortable in performing challenging analysis and structured problem solving
- It is essential you have a proactive and hands-on attitude, not afraid to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done and take ownership of your work