The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Director, Government Strategy & Policy Advisory
Job Reference tbigc/TP/53380/953 #LI-NM1
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
We are hiring a Director of Government Strategy & Policy Advisory. In this new senior role, you will build a global practice on government strategy helping heads of state identify priorities and develop policy implementation strategies. This will require strong interpersonal relationship building, as well as strong policy development experience and insight to help governments achieve their priority goals. To deliver your remit, you will build and lead a nimble team to define and drive our global offer but will need to effectively engage with the knowledge and resources across the Institute.
Advisory support and expertise:
- Provide hands-on support to clients and TBI country teams to create actionable, articulate prioritization and policy implementation plans
- On policy design, collaborate with TBI’s internal advisory, policy and politics expertise, regional/country teams and external experts to bring the best of the world to our clients
- Providing quality assurance on TBI’s technical input and advice
- Shape and embody a positive culture that drives ambition, innovation and delivery
Leadership & offer development:
- Build and line manage a small team on government strategy and policy advisory
- Develop and define TBI’s unique way of delivering strategy and policy advisory support for senior political leaders
- Support organisational learning on our strategy and policy advisory methodologies by leading the creation of a toolkit with which other TBI advisors can engage
- Work with other Directors in the Global Client Solutions to ensure seamless support to country teams across our offer areas
- Support a true team and “one TBI” culture, and the rest of the organisation to engage in communities of practice agnostic of “boxes and lines”
- Represent the Institute at global events and potentially contribute to written thought leadership and publications
- With external relations, advance TBIs participation or leadership of global events
This is a senior leadership role requiring an exceptional candidate:
- 10+ years’ experience as a senior advisor to political leaders, and delivering strategy and policy solutions as part of government
- Professional with strong history helping governments and political leaders select priorities, as well as experience with policy design across a range of political topics (economic, social, health, services, etc) with depth of expertise in at least one
- Experience with stakeholder management, relationship building and “getting things done” in complex organizations
- A track-record developing frameworks and toolkits to enable organisations and colleagues to deliver effectively
- Fluency in English is required with proficiency in an additional language an advantage
- Willingness for international travel approximately 30 percent