The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Singapore
Senior Advisor, Economic Prosperity
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
We are hiring a Senior Advisor, Economic Prosperity Asia. In this new senior role you will support the development of TBI’s economic advisory work in areas such as investment, sector development, agriculture and trade. While this work will range across a diversity of economic topics, TBI will specifically target candidates with experience in sector development, innovation strategies, innovation ecosystems, job creation and securing direct investment mandates in middle to high-income countries. This role will be based in Singapore with the majority of work supporting TBI’s Asia team, but it is expected the role will also support global efforts and projects in other geographies.
Advisory support and expertise:
- Provide hands-on support to clients, helping to diagnose competitiveness challenges and creating actionable sectoral and investment attraction policy frameworks
- Maintain relentless focus on our clients’ needs, i.e. political leaders’ most pressing challenges and priorities, and the development of practical, politically sensitive solutions
- Support organisational learning on our economic strategy and policy advisory methodologies as part of our broader learning and development agenda
- Shape and embody a positive culture that drives ambition, innovation and delivery
Leadership & offer development:
- Work with a small team of experts and support the development of TBI’s unique way of delivering economic development advisory support for senior political leaders
- Lead creation of a toolkit with which other TBI advisors can engage to develop and guide clients in economic strategy development
- Guide and support prioritisation of our economic prosperity workstreams with a primary focus on the Asia region, but also globally
- Represent the Institute at global events and contribute to written thought leadership and publications
- With external relations, advance TBI’s participation or leadership of global events
This is a senior leadership role requiring an exceptional candidate:
- 10+ years’ experience working within government as a senior advisor to political leaders, and delivering sector strategies, innovation or investment policy design, and foreign direct investment attraction in middle to high income countries
- Comfortable working with and advising heads of state and/or senior economic ministers, state secretaries and deputy ministers
- Geopolitical knowledge relevant to the work and region
- Experience with stakeholder management, relationship building and “getting things done” in complex organizations
- A track-record developing frameworks and toolkits to enable organisations and colleagues to deliver effectively
- Fluency in English is required with proficiency in an additional language relevant to the region an advantage
- Willingness for international travel approximately 30 percent