The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Manager to join our South & Eastern Europe team, based out of Athens. The candidate will report to the Regional Director overseeing TBI’s Advisory Work in South & Eastern Europe and work closely with the TBI teams embedded in country at the highest level of Government. The ideal candidate will have public sector experience, either in government or through public sector management consulting with experience delivering strategy and policy projects for public sector clients. The scope of work will cover the wider government agenda on public administration governance, economic development, and social policy.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in Greece to apply for this role.
- Lead team of consultants in problem structuring, analysis, synthesis and client implications, and in the production of client deliverables through effective and impactful written communication.
- Work closely with the Regional Director on business development in South & Eastern Europe
- Engage with government stakeholders to discuss opportunities, and own preparation of materials for and delivery of proposals. The successful candidate will be expected to manage junior colleagues in this function.
- Kick-off and initiate new projects in existing or new countries, until permanent staffing has been identified and onboarded. This will entail managing teams of 3 or 4 junior team members, leading research, engaging with senior government stakeholders and overseeing the production of client-ready presentations. This would assume a presence of up to 75% in-county, for a period of maximum 3 months, followed by 3 months in Athens with up to 25% travel.
- Provide surge support across the region when the regional staffing capacity requires buttressing. The Senior Manager is expected to cover senior delivery roles across TBI’s core strategy, policy, and delivery work programs. This may require the need to travel and spend short amounts of time in-country.
- When not deployed, the Senior Manager will work with associates and subject matter experts in the Athens Hub to conduct research and analysis on a variety of topics, and document it in Word or PowerPoint reports. This will be part of her / his engagement and co-leadership of business/practice building activities targeted at making TBI a more efficient, effective, and attractive place to work for all staff members.
The Senior Manager will report to the Regional Director, or to the Country Director when on in-country projects. The Senior Manager will hold responsibility for quality and timeliness of client-facing deliverables, and ensure projects bring the very best of TBI to clients by harnessing the skills, knowledge, and capacity of political, policy and research functions across TBI, including the Global Client Solutions team.
- At least 6 years’ experience, including at least 4 years in management consulting in a position serving public sector clients, demonstrating high-quality delivery.
- A graduate degree in public policy, economics, international relations, or political sciences; under-graduate degrees and graduate degrees in other areas can be considered with relevant equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively manage small-to-mid sized teams comprising a variety of skill sets, nationalities and cultural backgrounds with an ethos focused on team success and genuine motivation for colleagues’ performance, growth and well-being.
- Proven ability to lead engagement with public sector clients.
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and produce deliverables, with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills; able to quickly establish his or her credibility with the client.
- Ability to operate within sometimes sensitive political contexts and be attuned to potential areas of conflict or tension.
- An awareness of international relations trends, particularly related to the Eastern Europe and the Balkans.
- Strong written communication and executive reporting skills including concisely written PPT decks and reports.
- Business fluency in English required.