The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in UK to apply for this role.
We encourage early application as we reserve the right, if required, to close this role ahead of the date advertised.
TBI is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to Executive Director of Finance. You’ll be a key member of the team providing executive support and playing a pivotal role in liaising across the organisation.
- Diary Management – co-ordinate internal and external appointments, conference/video calls, across time zones whilst proactively ensuring diaries reflect shifting priorities
- Meetings and Events – arrange internal and external meetings and events, including scheduling, greeting guests, coordinating logistics, catering, preparing agendas, circulating papers, tracking action points and taking minutes
- Travel support - organising visas, flights, trains, accommodation, transfers, currency, inoculations, scheduling meetings and preparing detailed itineraries and supporting briefing/materials
- Email management (if required) - monitoring mails, drafting responses, highlighting urgent items for action, filing inbox
- Correspondence management- file and action incoming correspondence and prepare letters/emails on behalf of management
- Research support - collecting data, carrying out research (for instance reviewing online source material) and writing basic briefing material.
- Expense Management – completing monthly claims, reviewing expenses and invoices for approval on behalf of management
- Team supervision – management of a Team Assistant. Also train, mentor and provide guidance for junior team members as required
- Filing - creating, maintaining and retrieving paper/electronic materials for review (for example - ahead of meetings or in support of projects)
- Maintaining contact database - scanning/typing business cards, filing cards and keeping contacts up to date
- Gifts and Entertainment - record gifts/entertainment received on the company register
- General admin support - assistance to the wider team as required, plus support to the Executive Assistants incl ad hoc tasks as well as cover during periods of absence
The successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- Previous senior level PA/EA experience
- A second language is desired
- Experience working with and supporting Finance team is desirable
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of working with and interacting with high profile figures
- Understanding of national and international protocols for senior dignitaries and high profile individuals
- High levels of discretion, interpersonal skills, good judgement and tact
- An ability to operate in a fast moving and pressured environment
- Operational level political understanding and knowledge of current affairs
- Proactive team player with positive attitude
- Support for the aims of the organisation
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute