The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Singapore
HR Business Partner - Asia
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
TBI’s Internal Operations Division supports and helps pave the way for the Institute to deliver its mission. We are comprised of Legal Operations, Finance Operations, Digital Operations, Security, Technical and Resilience Operations and People Operations Teams.
The Division develops and delivers policies and processes that drive our working practices, mirror our values, and which are aligned with our strategic objectives. We ensure that our organisational capabilities equip us to meet current and future challenges, and work closely with all parts of the Institute to ensure that its objectives are successfully met.
We are seeking an HR Business Partner to support our teams in Singapore and new countries that we will operate in across Asia.
This is a critical role working closely with our Managing Director, Asia key operational colleagues in the region, and Regional and Country Directors to help deliver the Institute's talent strategy, be instrumental in the growth of the Institute, and support teams on a day-to-day basis.
We are seeking a talented candidate with significant, senior HR experience across international, complex and fast-paced organisations.
- Provide strategic advice and business partner support to leaders and managers within Asian region focusing on resourcing, talent management, strategic people planning, and employee relations. Coach on complex matters and providing a strategic HR perspective to support workforce planning and business development
- Represent and support the business needs of the Institute
- Support on day-to-day people management matters, as well as the strategic direction of the business within key stakeholders
- Be accessible to, and support, all employees within the region on a day-to-day basis
- Work closely with other HR Business Partners in the region
- Drive consistent process compliance and efficiencies ensuring the effective delivery of people processes and objectives both regionally and globally
- Support the vision and goals of the Institute by translating strategic objectives into reality
- Provide advice on relevant employment law, emerging trends, best practice and support on implementing new legislation
- Negotiate employee disputes, underperformance, disciplinary matters, and grievances
- Work with colleagues within the People Team to deliver the Institute’s performance management, learning and reward processes and initiatives
- Support with all performance management processes
- Work with our Finance Team on a monthly basis to finalise payroll and benefits
- Work closely with Recruitment Managers to define and develop hiring strategies for new roles driven by the needs of the relevant team or division and funding requirements
- Where required, support Hiring Managers through interview processes and on best practice
- Support Recruitment Managers through the negotiation and offers of employment to ensure successful candidates have a positive and engaging experience in their onboarding to the Institute
- Be an active contributor to the development of colleagues within the People Team and show commitment to the innovation and enhancement of the support provided to the organisation by the People Team
This is a key role in a fast-paced team, working on complex delivery priorities that are highly scrutinised.
The successful candidate should possess a commitment to outstanding business partnering and employee experience, and be able to demonstrate the majority of the following:
- Significant experience of senior broad-based HR partnering, working in international commercial, matrix, fast-paced and complex organisations
- Significant experience of international HR business partnering
- A strategic mind-set with a demonstrated ability to interpret business goals into robust people strategies
- A commercial focus with demonstrated ability to identify and deliver commercial outcomes
- Strong influencing, and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to work across all aspects of HR business partnering, and comfortable to work self-sufficiently
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills and able to successfully manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellence in diplomacy, discretion and ability to engage with individuals
- Excellence in building and managing effective relationships, including with senior leaders and stakeholders. A proven ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex and fast-moving information to senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, researching and editing skills
- Strong IT skills and ability to learn new systems easily
- Flexible working style and ability to support in numerous jurisdictions, learn quickly, and navigate ambiguity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- The applicant must have the right to work in Singapore