The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
The job has expired.
Focus of the Role
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with political leaders around the world to drive change. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are a global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are political strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology specialists and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
We encourage early application as we reserve the right, if required, to close this role ahead of the date advertised.
As an Analyst on the Institute’s Research and Data Unit you will conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis for teams across the Institute. You will also support and contribute to policy papers and reports published by TBI. Analysts report to the Research Manager.
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
- Provide research support under the guidance of the Research Manager in a timely and efficient manner
- Undertake original research involving primary analytical work as well as secondary analysis of the academic and policy literature
- Review and summarise research findings clearly and concisely
- Participate in the planning and coordination of internal and external events
- Build and utilise a network of external partners in the political and policy spheres
- Write policy briefings and research notes for meetings and media appearances for TBI representatives
- Represent the Institute in policy and research settings both on social media and at conferences and events
- Analyse data and contribute to the production of visual analytics and impactful (social) media content
- Demonstrate an analytical mindset with careful attention to quality and accuracy
- Identify and scope new political or policy opportunities for viability and alignment with Institute goals
- Take ownership and personal initiate to achieve work outputs
- Research to the highest standard and present your findings in a compelling, clear way
- Be innovative and show initiative in your work
- Read around relevant subject areas to bring a deeper understanding and knowledge
- Be proactive in sharing ideas and thought
The successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- A passion for using analysis and creativity to provide research that can help to revitalise the centre ground of politics
- An interest in the big political and policy questions facing governments globally
- Ability to find and synthesise relevant information sources
- Ability to analyse and understand the detail of major policy areas in order to make effective proposals for reform
- Familiarity with using quantitative techniques to analyse data, such as household surveys, and using it to build an evidence base
- Ability to write with clarity and impact
- Proven high standard of verbal communication
- Strong understanding of other marketing and media disciplines such as social media, print and broadcast
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of your team and the Institute
- Previous experience in a think tank, government, academic or consulting environment desired, but not required